Sunday, April 08, 2007

About Me

I'm an introvert, seriously. I don't know why some people can't tell, but I am. I am the sort who can go without saying anything for 3 months, if you want me to and no teachers ask me to speak. I'm an eccentric person, I talk when I feel like it, I shut up when I don't. I enjoy scolding people whom I think deserves a scolding. I'm the sort that everyone'll like to hate, totally eccentric, moody and fierce.

But some people love me. I don't know why. Kish and Sonj says I am charismatic but I beg to differ. They think so because when I finally open up to people, I tend to be very interesting as compared to my closed-up self before.

"快乐与悲愁 pics uploaded baby says:
i'm not

快乐与悲愁 pics uploaded baby says:
totally introvert

- sonson 宋嘉 + 3.5 + amen. says:
ahh but you act extrovert.

- sonson 宋嘉 + 3.5 + amen. says:
and you have charismatic charmmmmm"


Mostly, I don't talk to people, especially those of my level. However, I can talk endlessly to juniors as well as fugly people. I am also very friendly when I am doing flag-days; I smile broadly and ask for donations from everyone. That's because I am certain I will never meet them again.

I have many friends, but mostly not close. When people get too close to me, I shrivel away because I am very insecure. I don't like to be close to people and then POOF they disappear. I've had my fair share of disappointment, but I'm sure I've disappointed people too.

Towards friends, I believe in this: Best friends sit in silnce and walk away thinking that's the best conversation they've ever had. It's hard to find a friend like that. Maybe one's around but I don't think I've found one like this yet. You'd think that with my strong independent personality, I'll want a friend who is totally soft and needs my help all the time, but no, after helping others so so so often, I want a friend who is dependable and with me all the time.

I'm a loner, and yet I am scared of loneliness especially in crowds. Though I love to stare out the window and look at the clouds, shop alone, walk in the rain alone, eat alone, take photographs of others alone, I love to joke and have fun with others too.

And that's where EL comes in. I remember in primary school, I was a total introvert, as in, more introvert than I am now. ELDDS was my first choice and I never regretted it. School also gave me EL, and I was happy. I can remember how I watched my seniors' performance of Barefoot in the Park with so much pride. I can remember how I fixed up the el board with a pretty mirror. I can remember the days of EL camp, the days of lying right smack in the carpark with shihui, lengshan, yining and eileen. I can remember the days with Jocelyn and Shihui, when we were still close friends. I can remember the days of long chats on msn with Ariel. I can remember the days of an almost empty el chalet with Derek, Grace, Ariel, Joshua, Sonjia and Yi Jin. I can remember the days of Macbeth with Jia Min.I can remember the days of fake-kissing sonjia in front of the camera, and going out with joe to do work. There's so much memories, and it wouldn't ever fade.

"At least I was happy" -Double Act

Unhappy things did happen, no matter how good relations were. But I'm glad, for things are slowly returning to normal, it's good, no matter how slow it is, for EL will always be the EL in my heart. We've braved storms together, and carved out beautiful memories of our own. I love EL and I always will. Now it's another stage for us. It's tough, but it's the last lap of my race with EL, and I swear with my heart I will do my best.

I love chocolates. They say, life's like a box of chocolates, you'd never know what you're gonna get until you open it. But hell no, my life is like a box of smooth dark chocolate. You sure know what's inside, but you love it so much that you always open your box with much excitement. Every piece's the same, but who cares? It's lovely, and you want it to be the same forever. And the taste of bitter-sweetness, yes.

Life's funny. At least, mine is. It's stupid at times, it's stressful at times, it's just full of angst at times, but most of the time it's amazing. There are times I sit just to muse about really really old incidents. Random incidents that never fail to make me laugh. And these incidents involve people. People who are part of my life, like you.

My life revolves around voluntary work. I plan my schedule according to my voluntary work and stuffs that are not for me, but for a greater whole. I don't mind spending my time watching you guys clock CIP hours, because I get to help too. I'm a proud member of Gift Of Reading, Salvation Army and the Rotary Family (Interact). I enjoy my voluntary work, even more so if you come and help with me too, not for clocking hours. But for helping.

I love children. Correction: I LOVE CUTE CHILDREN. I love those chubby cute kids with huge innocent eyes, like Si Rui. I like young kids because they're very soft and very nice to hug! Like Kelly and Umairah! And best of all, they love me too!

I love my twin. Twin is probably one of the few people I know I can count on totally and I trust totally, i.e. really few. Twin is Yi Tong. I love her. I am a cynical person, and I don't trust easily when it comes to people stuff. But Yi Tong is one I will trust no matter what, because she is my twin.

With regards to relationships and such, I am quite weird. I tend to think a lot. Because somehow everyone's a backstabber in a way except for Yi Tong. Everyone criticises, even their best friends.

"I have friends. But they don't matter to me, because probably I don't matter to them either" -The Truth

I'm also sort of contradictory. As much a cynical person I am, I am quite dumb at times because I believe whatever others say, as long as it doesn't involve me. I am introverted yet extroverted. I am independent yet dependent. I am devoid of feelings yet I cry when it comes to movies&such those sobsob things.

My ambition is to open a bag-shop because I love canvas totebags. But there'll be no labels on my bags because I hate labels and I am not a very brand-person. Most of my bags if you haven't noticed do not have their brands splashed all over. I love plain, nice, simple canvas totebags. Red bags are also nice. Haha..

There's so much more to say. But probably I don't know about them.

Labels: , , ,