23 September 2011
Oh man can't believe I uploaded the photos on 23rd September and only got to write the post today (12/10/11).
Anyway, a few weeks back, I attended Pei Lin and Victor's wedding, a very intimate and cosy affair at Halia Restaurant in the Botanical Gardens.
Unfortunately, I was a bad guest. I went home from school before going to the wedding, and I was LATE. Oh man, and I caused Kheng Hwee to be late as well.
Nevertheless, thanks to the very long-winded solemniser, we did not miss the solemnisation ceremony. (:
The cute solemniser with Pei Lin and Victor and their parents, after they signed the papers.
Spotted this on their polaroid wall - so sweet!
A photo with the couple. Pei Lin was really cool that day - she wore glittered patent TOMS shoes, and 2 pretty dresses. It was not a glamourous-type of luxurious wedding, but a intimate, personalized, and sweet wedding.
Me with another bride-to-be, then. Haha by the time I'm writing this I've already attended Kish's wedding.
Making their thank you speeches. Ohkay truth be told, I wasn't really listening attentively, only snippets of it. But I was looking at Pei Lin, she looked really happy and blissful. Like in this picture. (:
Appetiser: Young spinach salad with pan-seared scallop in purple mustard and orange dressing. Incredibly light and opens your taste buds.
Entree: A variety of mushrooms tossed in soy sesame dressing. Loved the Swiss brown mushrooms.
Kish and Farouk. The halal meu is different, but looks delicious as well! :D
Part of the setting. Loved every single part of it.
Kheng Hwee!
With Kish and Farouk.
The bride-to-be and groom-to-be! :D
The invitation and menu + appreciation note.
Kish's main!
Main: Cornfed spring chicken with foie gras. The foie gras is superb. I love foie gras!
Ohkay, here after comes the bridesmaids' and bestmen's speeches. Maria shared about how she got to know Pei Lin and Victor got attached, and shared a little details of what happened. Jane and the other bridesmaid gave their blessings to the couple. Victor's friends shared about how they were betting about how long they were going to last; it got me thinking. I remember when I knew they were attached, we were all in secondary 3. And boy, were we shocked!
Being the bitchy me, of course I told Kheng Hwee and the rest. While I didn't doubt that they will last or anything of that sort, I did have reservations about them getting together because of the very nature of our mentor-volunteer relationship - I'd thought it was a little wrong.
Looking back, I think it was tough for them. I bet there was noise from Mrs T., and of course even their own friends would have qualms about the relationship (mainly the age gap luh). So, now that they are getting married, I'm sincerely happy for them! :D The full set! Can't get enough of it. I actually brought every single thing home :p
The insides of the pretty invitation from Rifle! The insides were customised by Pei Lin and Victor (who claims he glued the circles of KH's and my invitation).
Dessert: Valrhona royal chocolate hazelnut vrunch and mixed berry compote. The cake is super super chocolatey - I like!
A group picture with my table.
And with Hui Bin, who was there as well!
Pretty cupcakes by Maria, who owns Whips!
More polaroids.
A series of camwhoring.
Loving my capedress!
Their wedding photo - this is so sweet right!
Labels: Weddings
<< Home