Sunday, June 05, 2011

05 June 2011

Today on the bus, there was a bag in front of my seat. There was no one sitting at the seat, I'd assumed it belong to the man sitting in front of the seat with the bag.

A stop after I got on, the man sitting horizontally across walked to the driver and told him, "Bag. There's a bag." And he points to the suspicious looking bag.

The driver stopped the bus, and walked over. Both men looked at the bag for like a few seconds. Then the driver decided to open the bag. Everyone was suddenly tensed up. So was I. Like hello? I'm sitting so near to the bag, I'll be the first to die if anything happens. And suddenly the bag looked damn suspicious. It was a dull brown canvas bag, packed to the brim. It looked pretty full.

I couldn't see the contents of the bag, as the seat was blocking my view. Then the driver declared nonchalantly, "Bag only lar!". And took the bag to his driver's seat.

What a scare.

-----------

Yesterday evening, got lost and ended up in Orchard instead of Queensway.

Conversation Overheard
Young and cute Malay boy (maybe 5 years old) was chatting with his elder brother or cousin (like 20 plus) at the bus stop in Orchard about super heroes.

....
Elder Brother: So what's your superhero theme song? Tell me luh.
Boy: I don't know.
Elder Brother: Tell me luh.
....
Boy: The Green Lantern, he wear the black mask one right?
Elder Brother: No luh, that's Green Hornet, not Green Lantern.

----------

Labels: