Saturday, December 25, 2010

Travels: Thailand 2010 Day 3-4

Day 3 - Massive Shopping and Suanlum Night Bazaar
The next day, I went to Siam for major shopping! I decide to walk to the train station instead of cabbing.

Near my dorm.
This street is really busy in the morning!

I reached! I was pretty scared I'll get lost at first.
For fun ahahaha!
Arrived at Siam Paragon.
My breakfast. Waffle sausage. It sucks. The waffle is cold.
Iced Chocolate.
Camwhoring. Twas a disaster after that - I sat down somewhere and was tidying my stuff when I knocked the drink over. Spilled it in front of the supermarket. I tried cleaning it but the staff were really nice and told me not to, and that they'll do it.
Iceeeecream!
Siam Discovery, my next stop.
There was a art display on the top floor.
Had fun!

:D
Crossed the road to get to Siam Square.
Went to DG first. Nothing much inside but there was a cute stationery shop.
Shopfronts at Siam Square. Found really good deals!
It started raining as I was shopping, so I went into Centrepoint for lunch. Japanese. Not bad but a tat salty. After lunch, I visited the bazaar at the ground level. I bought my wallet there! And the bangles too (those who received it from me).
There was an event there. Cabbed back to my dorm, rested and went out again.
Supposed to go to Suanlum Night Bazaar with Peeraphat. I was silly to cab at the peak hour. Stuck in jam for almost an hour.
Arrived at a train station, and took the train there instead. The MRT (underground trains as opposed to BTS, which are sky trains) uses tokens like this!
Dinner at Suan Lum Night Bazaar... Pad Thai.
It was quite nice, but after a while I got sick of it. The taste is too strong.

While I was getting my drink, this French dude chatted me up and when I was leaving he kissed my hand. I was SO grossed out that I dettoled my hand immediately.

Emptyyyy!
It was boring too.
It was quite empty because it was the fasting month, and the main clientele of Suanlum are Muslims.
Left after a short while.

Taking the train back to my dorm. Thai adverts are fantastically funny!
Stoning.

Day 4
Woke up really early again! By early I meant like 6am. What the. Without alarm!
Nothing to do. Was going to Chatuchak this day, but it doesn't open early and I was supposed to meet May and Sand.
Along the way there. Over the few days I'd been there, I keep seeing photos of this woman. Election period!
On the way to BTS Ratchatevee.
Newstand.
I was taking photos along the way, and when I reached the main road, I did the same. 2 middle-aged man dragged me to this shopspace, and asked a young guy to talk to me.
This is the young guy! So he explains to me that they're running for mayorship in the region. He's one of the candidates and he's like only 20+ I think 23.
Of course I had to take a picture with the legendary woman whom I keep seeing everyday! ;P

I continue my journey to the farawar BTS station.
Aaargh wish I knew how to take their buses.

Arrived at Mo Chit station!
Busy!
Slippers hahahaaha.

Walked around while waiting for May and Sand to arrive.
Shopping...
Not much photos, sorry! Chatuchak's offerings are too exciting.
The girls asked me to try this coconut icecream,
I hate coconutes in general but this was ohkay.
Photo time!
We asked this dude to help us take a picture and his ENTIRE gang of friends joined in. They were nice people though, from Hong Kong, Malaysia and Singapore.

We parted here, and I went to Siam for dinner before slacking the night away in my room.

Labels: