Sunday, September 05, 2010

Travels: Thailand 2010 Day 7-9

Day 7
I arranged to meet up with Peeraphat at Victory Monument, from where he will bring me to Dream World. Dream World is basically imitation Disney land luh haha, the mascot looks suspiciously like a badly drawn Mickey Mouse.




At first it was SO sunny I literally melted under the sun waiting for Peeraphat, but on the way there the sky darkened. We took some private bus there, the driver was quite cute.

Somehow the ladies sitting at the back all had problems opening the door, so Peeraphat was asked by the driver to help open the door haha! I was sitting in front with Peeraphat and the driver, quite cool! (:
After a relatively short journey of about 30-45 minutes, we arrived!

Peeraphat tried to help me cheat our way through by pretending I'm an exchange student but the lady didn't fall for it.

Ohkay so there's this couple taking their wedding photos!

Love Garden. It was quite cute luh, nice for wedding pictures since it's just all hearts and stuff.

That's me in very matching pink :D

Ohkay, first stop was the tram. For me to take some pictures!





That's me looking suspiciously tanned and fat. I don't know why. I didn't even eat much as I'd expected to.





Ohkay this horrifying thing. We took it. The dude like suspended us on top for like a good 5 minutes. We were upside down. I nearly died.





I survived it!

Alrightie then we went into the Haunted House. Actually it wasn't scary because it was all machines, no one grabbing your legs and stuff. But the noise is super loud so I jumped each time the machine is activated.





Ohkay by around this time I was feeling nauseous and sick from probably something I ate. And my dear friend wanted to take this spin thing. Wonderful. I felt SO sick on it.


It's called the Raptor. So I got down from it, weak and dizzy. I could barely walk.

We rested for a while. Then we went to have lunch. I was too sick so in the end I didn't eat.

After a while, when I was much better, I went o Big Splash!

This is fun!

After you finished your ride, you are allowed to stand on the bridge to get "splashed". We had raincoats from an earlier ride so we stood there for quite a few rounds! :D


Oh this is the 'earlier' ride. My photos aren't in order._.



Ohkay it was embarassing because I didn't know how to manouvre it. Or rather I moved it out far but didn't know how to get back.

Strolling back proudly :D

I was quite ill after that so I think I just went back and slept without eating anything. ):

Day 8

Took a cab to Vinmamek Mansion. OH MY GOD I CAN REMEMBER THE NAME AFTER 4 MONTHS. This is my cabbie. The 2nd one. The first one I took, the dude didn't know how to go, I had to call Peeraphat to have him talk to the cabbie, who then reluctantly dropped me off at the roadside to hail another cab. The 2nd one, this one, is nice!

On the way!

I reached! But no photos beyond this point.

I shall describe: It's basically a huge teakwood mansion which the King lived in for x number of years. Apparently it's got many rooms, maybe a few hundred, and even more staircases, as there are staircases specifically for servants and staircases for specific people. It's huge, it's grand, it's luxurious. It looks grand and modern and pretty new, though it's supposed to be quite old. And it's really good to be a King because you can import porcelain plates and silver or gold tableware from various parts of Europe, vases from China, and all sorts of stuff from around the world.

What I liked though, was the many staircases. :)

This is the view from afar and outside. It's seriously nothing compared to the inside!

Some other part of it.

This part is under repairs.

After that, I cabbed to Siam Paragon to meet May and Sand for a movie and lunch!

My lunch. I was ill so I didn't finish the meal. Barely touched in fact!

They brought a friend, Jelly (third from left), and a guy whose name I don't know. He's quite hot but very short.

After lunch, we rushed back for a movie. Guan Muen Ho, aka Hello Stranger! It was SO funny and touching. When it was out in Singapore on 3rd December, I kept bragging about having watched it in Bangkok in AUGUST. *Smug*

After the movie, we parted. I went to walk around for a bit.



Dinner at MBK.

Day 9
No photos, because when I woke up I puked and died on the bed for a moment. Then I struggled to bring my luggage down 3 levels. Then I cabbed to the airport, flew home, cabbed home, coughed blood and had to see the doctor the next day.

I had no appetite for the next week.

It sounds like a sad ending, right? But I enjoyed this trip, especially because I flew there alone and lived for 9 days! Save for the food part, everything was great! ;D

Labels: