Tuesday, April 13, 2010

13 April 2010

Oh I was on the train today back to office from a pre-school. There was this man with a bandaged arm sitting at the Reserved Seat, and a woman holding a piece of tissue at her nose. The man kept looking at the woman. When the woman suddenly sneezed, he suddenly JUMPED out of his seat and RAN away. Everyone around was staring at him, like what the hell is wrong with him? And the poor woman was super embarassed. She must be wondering what she did.

Went for dinner with Yu Teng and Juat at Marche's after work.


My rosti! Recommended by Juat. Was nice! :D

Mash Potato.

Root Beer!
Us:D

Us again! Taken by a nice dude called Mervin.

Recently, I think my boss is getting on my nerves. I think she's too tactless, biased, and mean.

INCIDENT 1
There was this day when Toni and Yan Ming and Nelvin all not around, so I decided to not go for lunch and stay back to pack the brochures which needed to be sent out urgently. I asked Toni to help me buy soyabean milk and pancake back.

When Dawn came out of Evelyn's room after a meeting, she asked why I didn't go to lunch. I said, I don't want, need to pack brochures. Then Evelyn walked past, and it would have been great if she hadn't said anything, but apparently, she said, "She... eat marshmallow can le!"

A wonderful liner targeting me for eating marshmallow in the office the day before.

Seriously, I don't need her to THANK me for staying back to pack brochures. She need not acknowledge it or appreciate it if she didn't want to, but she could have saved the comment.

INCIDENT 2
I had RGS counter last Thursday and Friday, and I worked full-shift on Thursday, so I was really, really tired on Friday. I had to carry everything to the cab myself, and carry everything back to the office.

Everything = 2 huge duffle bags of magazines and gift books + 1 magazine rack + 2 boards.

When I got back, I just collapsed on my chair. I was so tired that I just couldn't focus on anything, so I took a short nap at my desk. Happened Evelyn came out, and Jun Ming wasn't around to shield us from her scolding. She asked her classic line of "Are you sick?"

I said, "No."

She said, "Then why you sleeping?"

I said, "Coz' I'm tired."

She said, "WHAT? I don't care what you do last night. (I WAS CALLING PEOPLE?) As long as you are at the office you must do work."


And then I muttered some sarcastic and mean words which I cannot remember. But com'on? She doesn't read TIME? I think TIME has published at least 5 times articles or snippets about how a short afternoon nap can increase work productivity. It's not like I slept the whole day away, I just returned from counter and was merely taking a well-deserved break.

INCIDENT 3
Jun Ming had this referral for The Economist which he passed to me. I asked Toni if it was 2 years free Time for 3 years The Economist because I was thinking of up-selling the person, but he wasn't sure so he helped me to ask Dawn, who referred him to Evelyn. Then Evelyn told him that Jun Ming's friend cannot enjoy the educational rate because he graduated. But my friend who graduated also got the educationed rate as a referral? I was damn pissed off so I called Jun Ming

Me: Jun Ming, your ex-boss said your friend cannot enjoy the student rate because he's graduated.

Jun Ming: Uh... Then how?

Me: For that, you might want to ask your ex-boss who is going to become my ex-boss soon.

And I said it damn loudly when her door was open. In any case, the problem was solved because the NS rate is the same as the educational rate. Phew!

And you know, our company has like general orders which are meant to be divided equally. Apparently after I openly showed my displeasure, she assigned like many times the general orders to Toan as she did to me. I'm going to show her I don't need general orders to survive.

Oh, that day we had night calling, and she suddenly turned the web cam to point it at us to monitor us. I was damn angry. Why was I watched like a prisoner? So I continued with my calling, all the while with my middle finger on my head pointing at the camera. After a while, she turned it back to face the full-timers, and I went to the small room to call instead.

----------

One more thing. I was on my way to RGS when I saw this squirrel crossing the road. But it got knocked down by a car. It was spewing blood non-stop from the mouth, and it went into spasms. I wanted to pick it up from the road and lay it aside, but another car came by and ran over it. This time it totally died. It was like flattened.

And then one night, I went out to my living room and saw a fish on the floor. I called my dad to help pick it up. But it died by the time my dad came.

Labels: ,