24 Dec 2009
18 Dec 2009 - Gift of Reading Camp Day I
When I arrived, the juniors were having a game of Elope, so I joined them! It was fun; when was the last time I played Elope anyway? Following our ice-breakers were some admin, and then we were whisked off to SAM for an enrichment trip.
SAM
Rejoice
This installation was made of glass pieces with words engraved on them. There were soooo many pieces of glass: some collected from beaches, some deliberately broken from bottles.

This is one that I particularly liked. It's called 'Very, Very Happy Victims'. Click to enlarge it!
A group pic at the chapel. Didn't take many photos at the main building of SAM as photos won't do justice to the pieces.
I love the art work by Vertical Submarine. Click the images to enlarge them!

It was a pity though, that I couldn't take good pictures. The place was too dark for photos. If you guys have time, make sure you go and view Vertical Submarine's installation, named something like "Room with a view" or something like that. It's interesting.
"Teach me to fish and I desire the ocean."
When I arrived, the juniors were having a game of Elope, so I joined them! It was fun; when was the last time I played Elope anyway? Following our ice-breakers were some admin, and then we were whisked off to SAM for an enrichment trip.
This installation was made of glass pieces with words engraved on them. There were soooo many pieces of glass: some collected from beaches, some deliberately broken from bottles.
We were then brought to 8Q, the contemporary art building of SAM.
This piece (and the one below) is by Felica Low.
Rock-Heavy Bags.
In Felicia's room, one side was dedicated to art works done by herself, while the other side was filled with artwork by the public. Felicia Low invited people from all works of life to draw what they think is ART. It generated many interesting drawings, such as the one above, and below.

This is part of 'Life Blood'. Visitors can climb the (shaky) stairs to turn knob shown above to control the water flow.
Another interesting one.
Alright that's me asking for donations, beside my donation box.
After the tours, we went on our Amazing Race with our teams. My team consisted of Xue Ling, Yao Nian, Yong Quan, Wei Shi and me!
The map that helped us much! It's useful to have a high-res camera that allows you to super zoom in! :D
Failed Jumpshot
Failed Jumpshot again.
The reason why I do it so well (heh) is because I know my camera so, so, so well.
This was really hard for some reason. We had to write words on one anothers' backs and Yong Quan had to say what we wrote. Yao Nian and Wei Shi are left handers so they wrote letters in different ways as right-handers.
I swear Wen Bo was posing. I took a series of shots and he was in the same position for every single shot.
Slacking before debrief...
Our team came in last! But we were the only ones who completed all the stations.
The BBQ thereafter was... I don't know. I kept going out to fetch people so I didn't really eat the BBQ food. Which was sad because I LOVE BBQs.
19 December 2009 - Gift of Reading Camp Day II
When I arrived from work, it was evening already.
It was a good camp!
End.
Labels: Camps, Gift Of Reading
<< Home