21 April 2008
Miss Ling is one of the reasons why I am so motivated to do Math. She is one of the best teachers I have ever met. When I first saw her, she seemed so fierce, so unapproachable, unlike dear old Mr Bek who always seems so gentle and nice (though a little stony).
Daniel and others had been taught by her during PAE, but Sarah and I hadn't. The first time we saw her in class, she strutted in and dumped our test papers on us, then proceeded to flash the entire (small) class's results via the visualiser. She then show us her past students' results, most of which were A's.
Sarah and I were horrified. How are we to survive the year with such a scary (MATH) teacher?
As we attended more of her lessons, we realised she's really a wonderfully humble teacher determined to help students excel. She's meticulous when teaching, making sure everyone understands (even me!). Her concern for us makes us WANT to do well for her and for ourselves.
She also jokes with us sometimes, and tells us about some happenings in her life. While she just really wants to lighten up the mood and help us relax a lil' from all the numbers, she actually let us know her better by giving us a peek into her life (which is damn funny by the way).
In any case, just wanna thank you for pushing us, and I think you really rock, Miss Ling!
-----------
Ooooo, and Mrs Poon isn't that bad too. She wrote nice stuff on my tutorials(: And muahaha in comparison with other chemistry teachers, she's really a goddess.
Today's guitar was fun. ZeeJia & I were playing the guitar so well (in a performing-for-concert way) that I felt breathless at the end of CCA.
-----------
Hi Miss Kavi(:
Daniel and others had been taught by her during PAE, but Sarah and I hadn't. The first time we saw her in class, she strutted in and dumped our test papers on us, then proceeded to flash the entire (small) class's results via the visualiser. She then show us her past students' results, most of which were A's.
Sarah and I were horrified. How are we to survive the year with such a scary (MATH) teacher?
As we attended more of her lessons, we realised she's really a wonderfully humble teacher determined to help students excel. She's meticulous when teaching, making sure everyone understands (even me!). Her concern for us makes us WANT to do well for her and for ourselves.
She also jokes with us sometimes, and tells us about some happenings in her life. While she just really wants to lighten up the mood and help us relax a lil' from all the numbers, she actually let us know her better by giving us a peek into her life (which is damn funny by the way).
In any case, just wanna thank you for pushing us, and I think you really rock, Miss Ling!
-----------
Ooooo, and Mrs Poon isn't that bad too. She wrote nice stuff on my tutorials(: And muahaha in comparison with other chemistry teachers, she's really a goddess.
Today's guitar was fun. ZeeJia & I were playing the guitar so well (in a performing-for-concert way) that I felt breathless at the end of CCA.
-----------
Hi Miss Kavi(:
Labels: NJ
<< Home