5 December 2007
Monday, we worked OT to set up tables for tuesday and stayed until 4.30am. I was already having sore throat since Sunday. The guys take off their tops, and we find out that Noob has an impressive body of tattoos all over. We think Noob may not be as young as he looks.
Tuesday, only I had shift, and it was terrible because the shift was at 11.30am. I had barely slept so now the sore throat goes full blast into flu and cough. Somehow, I had wanted to leave at 4pm, but Anthony wasn't around and there was so much to do that I had to stay until 9pm. I was wiping plates and one of my fingers were bleeding so each plate had either a spot of my blood or a spot that spread into a line. I had to wipe the blood away, so extra effort.
There was only Joe, Vicky, Jia Hui, Fabian and Kurt around today. Jia Hui's from China and she can't understand English so most of the time she's disconnected. Vicky&Joe are from Philippines and they are super busy all the time coz' I think they are full-time. So Kurt & Fabian and I were wiping plates, cutlery and they started talking.
I took this chance to ask them how old Noob is and why he wears a blazer, and Fabian says Noob is 16 and it's because he's full-time, so he wears a blazer. Fabian says everyone smokes except for Datou and Joe & Vicky, and us of course. It's like they are smoking allllllllll the time.
Fabian (chinese, initially I thought he was yalam because his name seems yalam) was saying his legs are so sore because he was "exercising" after yesterday's shift until 4am. He said, "I call her and say 'eh i v boring (sic) now come my house' then she come and we exercise 2 times. First time is i want, 2nd time is she want."
Joe then say something about it being his(Fabian's) hobby, to which Fabian replied, "Wah what hobby, hobby I die already!"
Sometime later Kurt went off, so Fabian starts telling me about how he doesn't like his girls to smoke after I asked him how many cigarettes he smokes a day. And I was like, "Yeah", "Why!", "Hmm", "haha" while he rambles on.
After that we went up to the Pines Room to help a while, and JiaHui, Joe & I went back downstairs to set up the conference room. After that when we were done, the rest called us back up and Anthony (manager) lighted up a cigarette in the Pines Room and the rest also lighted up their cigarettes, even the female manager did. Only Jia Hui, Joe, Vicky and I didn't, of course.
And I had to dart around finding corners where I can breathe properly.
By the time I got home, it was fever and my face was red.
I woke up at 3pm today:D
<< Home