2 December 2007
Working as postcard distributor cum promoter was tiring but rewarding, especially since the bosses were super nice people. On the first day, the client of our company gave us some sweets and $10 bucks each for drinks, and Audrey from the company bought us drinks. On the second day, we were dismissed early. On the 3rd day, the client bought us donuts and Audrey bought us drinks again.
Pretty fun job it was. I just smiled like 5 hours non-stop for 3 whole days, that's like much more than for my entire life. Some people are really weird, they wave their hand dismissively to reject the flyers, but if you hold it in front of them long enough, they still take it. And sometimes when there's a whole bunch of people walking, one rejects, and everyone else behind rejects it too.
-----------
Yesterday was at The Pines with Pei Shi, TM, and hocksing. What can I say! My right wrist hurts from carrying heavy drinks and refilling glasses non-stop. My mentor, Darren, is the best-looking guy around and he's the son of the manager. But I thought he was a yalam before he started talking. Coz' he really looked like a yalam.
In anycase, i want to say this to him: *&%(&W^(&$()#&)^(%A%#*&^) because he didn't teach TM & I many stuffs, and he kept correcting me when he saw me making the mistakes, like pouring beer directly into the glass without tilting it. ONLY ME.
Thank god I am a pro and learn fast.
Oh yeah just wanna complain: When we just arrived, we were told to fold napkins and place them on the plates. Each table's napkins must all be of the same colour. When I was folding napkins at a table, one guy suddenly placed 2 napkins on my table. When we were done, the manager said napkins must all be of the same colour, then a guy called Kert / Curt whatever shit told me must be of the same colour.
Then I was like, "Bu shi ni fang de meh?"
He, "Har, Who?"
I walked off.
Overall, it was super tiring but I learnt a lot: NEVER BE A WAITRESS.
Okay kidding, it's somehow fun too, and you can learn stuffs like how to debone a damn steamed fish, how to portion out rice, how to scoop soup etc. I hope I don't need to serve a table by myself tonight because I am scared I can't cope. But at least my hands don't tremble like my mentor's, and I think I won't make rice fly out when portioning it like the guy who showed us :P
One more thing, HS was like suddenly super quiet and like Peng Khee. Emcees of the night sucked, Tm & I could have done better. The Eng emcee was not bad, quite fluent, but the chinese one hor, go home luh. It's like he went "qing da jia, erm, qing da jia, zuo xia lai, ru xi," and ermmmmmm all the way. He can't even complete a sentence properly without erms and ahh.
There was this guest at my table who played with the chicken head like AssHo & I did. I was quite amused :)
And there was this guy in blazer, don't know who. He looks to young and noob to be a manager, but he was like telling Jade & I off when Jade told me how to portion soup, coz I was away when he was showing. Then I almost wanted to blast at him but he walked off immediately.
Pei Shi's mentor is a really nice girl. Others all - Tm and my mentor was supposed to be this ahlian girl, but I think she don't want to teach us coz she thought we noobs so swopped with Darren. Thank god she swopped. A guy bitch is better than an ahlian bitch.
Pretty fun job it was. I just smiled like 5 hours non-stop for 3 whole days, that's like much more than for my entire life. Some people are really weird, they wave their hand dismissively to reject the flyers, but if you hold it in front of them long enough, they still take it. And sometimes when there's a whole bunch of people walking, one rejects, and everyone else behind rejects it too.
-----------
Yesterday was at The Pines with Pei Shi, TM, and hocksing. What can I say! My right wrist hurts from carrying heavy drinks and refilling glasses non-stop. My mentor, Darren, is the best-looking guy around and he's the son of the manager. But I thought he was a yalam before he started talking. Coz' he really looked like a yalam.
In anycase, i want to say this to him: *&%(&W^(&$()#&)^(%A%#*&^) because he didn't teach TM & I many stuffs, and he kept correcting me when he saw me making the mistakes, like pouring beer directly into the glass without tilting it. ONLY ME.
Thank god I am a pro and learn fast.
Oh yeah just wanna complain: When we just arrived, we were told to fold napkins and place them on the plates. Each table's napkins must all be of the same colour. When I was folding napkins at a table, one guy suddenly placed 2 napkins on my table. When we were done, the manager said napkins must all be of the same colour, then a guy called Kert / Curt whatever shit told me must be of the same colour.
Then I was like, "Bu shi ni fang de meh?"
He, "Har, Who?"
I walked off.
Overall, it was super tiring but I learnt a lot: NEVER BE A WAITRESS.
Okay kidding, it's somehow fun too, and you can learn stuffs like how to debone a damn steamed fish, how to portion out rice, how to scoop soup etc. I hope I don't need to serve a table by myself tonight because I am scared I can't cope. But at least my hands don't tremble like my mentor's, and I think I won't make rice fly out when portioning it like the guy who showed us :P
One more thing, HS was like suddenly super quiet and like Peng Khee. Emcees of the night sucked, Tm & I could have done better. The Eng emcee was not bad, quite fluent, but the chinese one hor, go home luh. It's like he went "qing da jia, erm, qing da jia, zuo xia lai, ru xi," and ermmmmmm all the way. He can't even complete a sentence properly without erms and ahh.
There was this guest at my table who played with the chicken head like AssHo & I did. I was quite amused :)
And there was this guy in blazer, don't know who. He looks to young and noob to be a manager, but he was like telling Jade & I off when Jade told me how to portion soup, coz I was away when he was showing. Then I almost wanted to blast at him but he walked off immediately.
Pei Shi's mentor is a really nice girl. Others all - Tm and my mentor was supposed to be this ahlian girl, but I think she don't want to teach us coz she thought we noobs so swopped with Darren. Thank god she swopped. A guy bitch is better than an ahlian bitch.
<< Home