Sunday, March 11, 2007

Tears of Joy

I never really understood what tears of joy are. How can one cry when they are happy?

Just less than 5 minutes ago, Elizabeth told me to check my phone because she called me twice but I didn't hear at all since I was in Bro's room using computer. I read all my messages. And I screamed. One was from Sakinah. She says May, Ann and Mr Kon will be meeting us at Vivocity tomorrow. I called her, and she told me the details and I cried.

I was laughing & crying and I just kept 'omg'ing to Sakinah. I couldn't believe it. I thought I would never see Ann again. I thought Ann could only be in my memory. These 2 years, I've been thinking of her all the while, and I missed her soo much. I loved her as much as I would love my most beloved.


Field beside Ban Pha Taek


You see, Ann & the rest live in the Village of PhaTaek in Chiang Mai, and aren't well off. I didn't know why they came. But whatever it is, it is god-sent. It is the greatest present of my life. The greatest surprise. The greatest thing ever. I thank God for sending them to Singapore just before I go to Malaysia. I thank God for letting them leave Singapore on Tuesday like me. I thank God for bringing Ann to me. I thank God.

& my tears are worth it. You can't imagine my ecstacy.

ADD: They came coz' of an international Conference. I will be meeting them at 4pm in Vivocity. I AM DYING. I don't think I can sleep tonight. I will think of Ann too much.

For those who didn't know, I went to Chiang Mai 2 years ago. Ann and others live in the Village we went to (we went there with Rotary International)... The 5 days I was there with, I spent every single day with Ann. She couldn't speak English well, I couldn't speak Thai well. So we hardly talked, maybe only less than 10 sentences / words.

But it was a friendship so pure, so wonderful, so amazing that I thought of her every single day since I left Ban Pha Taek 2 years ago. We didn't share any secrets, we just spent time together in silence, smiling at each other the whole time. We played at the river, we walked around the village, we shared sweets, we enjoyed performances at the Christmas Party and we spent 5 memorable days. 5 days which I will never forget.


The houses of Ban Pha Taek. The one I stayed in was to the left of this house. I can still remember clearly the house.

Just weeks ago, I was still feeling sore over how the school didn't allow us to go to Thailand with Rotary International last year. I was thinking about how I would miss Prom Night just to rush there to see Ann right after my O'levels. I was planning to fly to them, but God sent them to me.
How good could that be?

I am so, so so going to dig out our twin bracelets & wear the necklace the Wood's brother gave to me. I love Ann & ban phataek